The Words of the Werner Family

My Mission In Austria: May 18, 1965 - May 18, 1969 (Part 1)

Paul Werner

Since the first members in Germany had all joined in America, they were pretty independent, and unfortunately the relationship was not very harmonious. As I felt, something had to change, I received in prayer in the spring of 1965, to start a new mission in Austria. Immediately I quit my job and loaded up my VW-bus with a few necessities. On the platform in the back I put a piece of plywood and a sleeping bag. Little did I know then, that this would be my center for a long time to come. Christel held a job at a large insurance company at that time, and Klaus went to school. So I left my wife and son behind in Wiesbaden for the next two years and headed for my mission in Austria, on May 18, 1965, as the first missionary going out from Germany. On my way I stopped once more at the center in Frankfurt, where an incident hurt me so deeply, that I cried and cried all the way to Vienna, a 12-hour drive. That's how my mission in Austria began.

After arriving in Vienna, I parked my van in front of a church and prayed and prayed. I wanted to restore this nation as quickly as possible, and I knew, much indemnity had to be paid. I was resolved to pay more indemnity to speed up the restoration process and to have a large family very quickly. Therefore, I prayed day and night and fasted most of the time.

In my search for prepared people I walked the streets of Vienna day in and day out, but nobody responded to my witnessing efforts. Nobody wanted to listen to the message I was so eager to convey. The only partner I could relate to during those lonely days, weeks and months was our Heavenly Father. I talked to Him day and night, and we had a very close relationship. I always felt spirit world around me, but at the same time I was very lonesome. Yet God showered me with so much love, as I tried to comfort and reassure Him of my commitment to this mission. I could hardly sleep anymore, and when I dozed off sometime during the night, I woke up from my own prayers. My whole being was so involved with Heavenly Father, that my mouth kept talking to Him day and night. I received so much love and energy from God, that I know what it means, to be "intoxicated with the love of God." This lasted for years, not just temporarily for a day or a week, so I know it works. I just lived my life for God and He responded not only to me but to the people I came in contact with. Many unusual things began to happen around me, and I became a real spiritual fireball, eager to share God's love with His lost children. By being active for Him, searching for His children and proclaiming the appearance of our True Parents on this earth in our lifetime, my spiritual senses became so keen and helped me to perceive, what God is all about.

When I walked through the Vienna Woods, I felt God in the wind, and I talked to Him, tears streaming down my face. Physically I was all by myself, but it was the most beautiful experience just walking with God and perceiving His love. When I prayed I was so deeply connected with my Heavenly Father, even big pine trees bent down, as if they were bowing before me. Heaven really moved nature as a result of my relationship with God.

I usually went to sleep in the back of my VW-bus around 2:00 a.m., telling spirit world to wake me up at 10 minutes to six, to begin my day. Indeed, they were very reliable. At exactly 10 minutes to six they shook me and woke me up, and the first word coming over my lips was "Father." After washing up at a camping place or gas station I fixed my breakfast, a jelly sandwich, and was ready for action. While driving downtown I constantly talked to God and then got out of the van singing and smiling. Many times though I walked through the streets with tears running down my face, but whenever I witnessed to someone, I was cheerful and happy. People who knew me already, couldn't figure it out. They shook their heads and were puzzled, because they knew I had left my wife and son behind in Germany, to work for God in this nation. They knew I lived in a VW-bus for months and months, and still I was happy and joyful at all times. That's all they saw. In reality I was lonely many times, also for my family, but the mission always came first. God had to take care of my wife and son, while I devoted my life to His work completely.

Because I was always fasting, I lost much weight and looked quite skinny, and my contacts were really curious to find out what made me tick. I told them all about God, and they believed me, because they saw, how God works and how much love I received from Him, enabling me to carry out this impossible task. The point is, that Heaven really united with me at that time, because my whole life was devoted to this mission, and I was able to perceive God, talking to Him all the time.

My first contact in Vienna was a student who was working on his Ph.D. in economics, Walter Linder. I met him many, many times and we discussed the Divine Principle. We became very good friends and he accepted the Principle and Father, but he had two great weaknesses -- women and drinking. We had many deep experiences together. Once he invited me to visit him at a certain time, and when I came to his room, I found him totally drunk. I just sat at his bedside until he woke up and then I taught him the Principle. There were many other experiences we shared, and I tried very hard, to win him for Father. I didn't want to give him up, but he was such a weak person, even though he clearly understood that the Messiah had returned and that this was the way to go.

Finally, I remember standing with Walter at a plaza in Vienna, and he said to me, "Paul, I know this is the truth. I know that Sun Myung Moon is the Messiah. I know that everything you have told me will come about. I know it, but I am not strong enough. At this time I cannot come. I tried and tried, but I can't, I'm too weak." We were just like brothers, and it tore me apart inside when he went in one direction and I went into the other direction of the plaza. Again I had to start from scratch. Ten years later one of our members saw him in Stuttgart, Germany, and talked to him. He said, "Yes, if I had only come then. I remember Paul. I remember what he taught. Now I see hundreds of people everywhere, hundreds of Moonies. On every street corner there is a Moonie. Everybody writes about Rev. Moon. All the papers write that he is the Messiah, sometimes in a very cynical and negative way, but it is all over the world. Paul was right. But in the meantime I am married, I have three children and had to cope with one calamity after another. I'll never forget standing in the middle of the plaza in Vienna with Paul that evening, hearing him say, "Walter, make that jump." But I had to answer, "I cannot go now. I am too weak. My heart was aching and he felt the same way. He was crying and so was I, but we both went into different directions."

I then began working with ministers, visiting the Calvinist church and the Lutheran church. They were situated side by side in the Dorotheergasse, in Vienna. The Calvinist church had three ministers, and I contacted the youngest one. I met him on the stairway to his office and conveyed the main points of the Divine Principle to him in 45 minutes. His head was spinning and he turned all red in his face from excitement. Finally he asked me: "Who are you? What you told me here in 45 minutes I have never heard in all my life. This is incredible. I would like you to speak in my church." Naturally, I was happy to oblige and gave lectures in his church in the summer of 1965.

Then, on July 26, 1965 Father arrived in Germany during his first world tour, blessing Holy Grounds in 120 nations, and I had the privilege to drive Father and his party through Europe in my VW-bus. At that time he also blessed a Holy Ground in the Rathauspark in Vienna, where I participated in the ceremony. It was a beautiful spot and as I resumed my mission work in Austria after Father's departure, I visited this precious piece of land quite frequently, praying for the salvation of this nation. Sometimes, while meditating at the Holy Ground, I saw Father walking by. It was quite realistic, and I'm sure, Father often prayed for the success of our mission. Needless to say, an experience like this gave me an extra boost each time.

Every day I was active witnessing in the streets and visiting churches. Fall turned into winter and it was getting quite cold in my VW-bus. It was almost impossible to find a room in Vienna at that time, however hard I tried. I told Heavenly Father in my prayers about my predicament, and said:

"Father, it's getting cold now and therefore I can't sleep in the van any longer. I need a little roof over my head. You must help me out." I sincerely believed that God heard my prayers and would provide for me. The very next day a social worker from the Calvinist church referred me to a 90-year old couple, who had a room available. It was a small place in an old house in the outskirts of Vienna, on the other side of the Danube, on "Donizettiweg". My quarters were on top of a chicken coop, and to get up there, I had to climb up a steep outside staircase, more like a ladder. There was no running water, not even cold water, and to get to the outhouse, I had to walk through the chicken coop. This was quite an adventure, especially at night, and I had to be careful in closing the gates, not to let any of the chickens escape. To prevent the snow from blowing into my room every time I opened the door, I nailed a blanket in front of the opening from the inside. Since it was an attic, the ceiling of my room was slanted, and of course there was no heating system. To get some heat, I bought a 500-watt heating lamp. In the corner under the roof I placed my little altar with a small picture of Father from 1960, in his Korean attire, the only picture I had, and a candle. When I came home from witnessing, usually at 1:00 or 2:00 a.m., I lit my candle, plugged in my heat lamp and positioned it to warm up my back, because in the front I had all the spiritual heat I needed. I was all by myself in that little room, rejected so many times during the day, but I had the most beautiful relationship with God. My spiritual eyes were opened and I could see many spirits around me when I began to pray. They had already waited for me. True Parents were always present as I had long conversations with my Heavenly Father. When I was awakened by spirit world at 10 minutes to six, in the morning, (I never needed an alarm clock) I greeted my Father in heaven, washed up and fixed my special breakfast, a jelly sandwich. Praying while driving into the city in my VW-bus, I asked spirit world to guide me to the prepared people in Vienna.

Once I met with three or four young couples at one of their homes in the outskirts of the city, and taught them the Principle with so much vigor and spiritual power, that they were deeply impressed and within half an hour confessed their shortcomings to each other in front of the other couples. They were touched by the Holy Spirit and shed many tears listening to me hour after hour. Afterwards many phenomena occurred, and they had many visions and dreams. This happened often in different areas of Vienna in my Home Churches. I could feel God's power working through me and people were so deeply impressed by the message I brought, that I had trouble convincing them that I wasn't the Messiah, just his messenger. It was a wonderful time, because I had found people I could talk to.

I witnessed wherever I went. After I talked to a gas station attendant, who filled up my car, just for a few minutes, he was fascinated by my words and invited me to his house for Sunday afternoon. When I arrived, three generations were present, and I began to talk about the mission of Jesus. Sometimes, when one of them objected to my unorthodox presentation, the other family members would come to my defense. I taught this family with such great joy, and before I left, grandmother packed up some cake for me. She had noticed, that I enjoyed it very much in the afternoon. For days I had enough applestrudel, a specialty in Austria. We had several meetings afterwards and I'll never forget this home church of 20 years ago.

For the first year in Vienna I worked in a bookstore, Wilh. Lechner, in the Johannesgasse. Usually I began my day in St. Stephen's Cathedral with Heavenly Father. When I walked in there, I was so conscious of my being the son of God and the only one, who could bring salvation to this nation by proclaiming Father s message. It was such a beautiful cathedral with a huge pipe organ, and many times I was overwhelmed by the music when I walked in. I sat down and prayed, deeply connected with Heavenly Father and spirit world. During those years I prayed all the time, even while selling books, and customers in the store noticed a difference about me but couldn't really pinpoint what it was. I served many aristocrats, who came in regularly, and one day a countess asked me: "Mr. Werner, what are you doing in here? You don't belong here, who are you?"

Usually all the sales personnel had their breaks together in a storage room in the back. One day our cleaning lady joined us for lunch. She was a rather shy old lady and usually didn't talk very much. But on this particular day she took all her courage together and said, "Mr. Werner, I dreamt about you last night, in fact, it was not really a dream, it was more like a vision." The other staff members were anxious to hear more, but she was so bashful and didn't want to talk. Finally, tears running down her face, she continued: "I saw a green pasture with many beautiful flowers, surrounded by trees. On the other side of the pasture I saw a person standing there. I was magnetically drawn to this person by the power of his love, and I knew, it was God. As I came closer, I bowed my head, because I didn't dare to look at him, but when I finally stood in front of him and looked at his face, it was Mr. Werner." The employees, listening to her story, were deeply touched and didn't know what to say. The old lady herself was crying and still vibrating from her experience, but couldn't understand why she saw me in such a position. On this foundation I was able to convey more and more of the Divine Principle, and Father, and my mission here to her and the others, and one of the salesgirls later joined the movement.

Around noon, whenever possible, I went around the corner into a nearby church -- Vienna has many beautiful churches -- sat down and just prayed for half an hour. I had such a longing to be alone to talk to my Heavenly Father. I know I brought many spirits with us back to the store, and one day, as we all met again for coffee in the back room, a strange phenomenon happened. A long ladder, about 12-14 feet, was leaning against a bookcase, on an angle. We usually used it to reach the books on the higher shelves. Suddenly it moved away from the wall by itself and stood up straight. Everyone got the creeps and looked at each other quite puzzled. Then slowly the ladder moved back against the wall. For me it was clearly a manifestation of spirit world. Sometimes books moved around on the shelves and strange noises could be heard. Some employees really got frightened and didn't know what to think. They looked at me as someone very unusual with powers beyond their comprehension. In reality I just prayed a lot and spirit world responded. I also fasted many, many times. After a seven day fast, I ate for the next seven days, then I fasted four days, and ate for four days, then three days and again for seven days. One girl, who knew me from Germany, came to Vienna and hardly recognized me, because I looked rather skinny. She later told the members in Frankfurt, "Paul's pants are walking behind him."

I especially remember one seven day fast. On the fifth and sixth day I was really hungry and quite tempted by the beautiful displays of food in the store windows. It seemed like everyone was cooking when I walked through the streets, to bother me with the scent of a warm meal On the seventh day I was really ready to eat, and before my time was up, I bought some specialties I really liked, and set up a beautiful table.

At that time I was still all by myself. I had worked myself up psychologically and my stomach already hurt before I came to the table. After I offered my condition to God in prayer I was ready to really enjoy the food. I took about 2 mouthfuls and got sick, but really sick, and couldn't see any food, much less eat it for the next few days. This experience taught me quite a lesson I never forgot.

A short time later I sat at the Danube River and watched the water flowing by for hours and hours. It reminded me of people's lives here on earth. They are born and die and then the next generation comes, and the cycle repeats itself. Every river eventually ends up in an ocean, but who counts the drops of water forming the river? Some of them are hit by objects floating in the river, some get dirty when a ship stirs up the bottom. They all have to follow the countless river bends and windings through the mountains and valleys. That is what life is all about. Some people consider themselves very important on this earth, but unless they created eternal values, they are not important any more once they die. Life is a struggle for everyone on our way to this big ocean, spirit world. I was still young then, pondering the question of the purpose of life, and the river was like a revelation to me.

I was on the go all the time and one afternoon I visited Pauline, the social worker who helped me find a room, She was the assistant to one of the ministers in the Calvinist church. I had taught her the Principle many times before, and when I got there on that particular day, I found her in bed, very ill. Another lady was at her bedside, constantly changing the compresses on her forehead to get the fever down. This lady asked me to keep an eye on Pauline while she was trying to grab a bite to eat, since she hadn't eaten all day. I was happy to be of help and sat at Pauline's bedside, holding her hand and changing the compresses a few times while talking Principle. I could feel the fever leaving her gradually, and when her nurse came back an hour later, Pauline and I were sitting on the edge of the bed, playing the guitar and singing together. The nurse shook her head in disbelief, but the sick girl was well. It seemed like a miracle, but all I did was just hold her hand, giving out love and compassion and praying for her health. Both of them were amazed and I had the best opportunity to testify to Father and the Principle.

Often I had appointments with contacts, and I remember one evening when I was supposed to meet a girl at a certain time. I sat in front of her house in my VW-bus for 7 hours, waiting and hoping she might show up any minute. I had prepared myself in prayer to pour out Father's love to her and draw her into the family. But late at night she came home with someone else and I didn't even have a chance to talk to her. Many times I sat in my van, praying and waiting for people, and many times I was disappointed. More and more I could understand how Heavenly Father felt, being disappointed by mankind. For days, weeks, and months I walked the streets of Vienna and talked to many, many people. Everyday I started out with new enthusiasm and a song on my lips, even though I felt very lonesome. Many times after I talked to people, giving them new hope, I went around the corner or back into my VW- bus, laid down on the platform and cried and cried, but when I approached people again, they only saw a happy face. Through an intensive prayer life I developed much spiritual power, drawing people like a magnet, to listen to the message I wanted to convey.

At this time I had many experiences with ministers. Three or four of them were rather unkind to me, and I could feel what Jesus and Father went through with these "men of God." I never prayed for their punishment, but spirit world really got involved and some of them broke an arm or leg for no apparent reason.

Once I talked to a Methodist minister very intensely about the Principle, after his sermon. He was deeply touched in his heart but wouldn't allow himself to accept the truth. He said to me, "Mr. Werner, when I attended a Methodist seminary in Frankfurt, Germany, they took the Bible apart and I almost lost my faith in Jesus. I couldn't do anything else but cling to the cross, and that's why I'm still alive, while many others left the ministry. Now you come with such a powerful message and I feel like I'm loosing ground again. Your words are very plausible, but I did it once and I have to do it again. I'm clinging to the cross and am afraid to let go of it."

The next day he fell and broke his ankle while walking down the street and had to be in a cast for six weeks, Now he had ample time to listen to the Principle, and we spent many blessed hours together. But finally he rejected the Principle and me too.

Children's Day 1965 I celebrated all by myself in the Vienna Woods, I spread out a towel on the leaves of the ground and placed my little picture of Father on this altar. I then made my three bows, knelt down and talked to my Heavenly Father. It was so beautiful, sharing with God and True Parents in these peaceful surroundings. I felt so much joy and gratitude in my heart and will never forget this experience.

Spirit world led me in so many ways. Once I wanted to meet a certain person I hadn't seen for a few days and I didn't know where to start looking for him. As I sat in St. Stephen's Cathedral pondering this question, spirit world told me exactly what street I should walk down and at what spot to wait for him, as he would be driving by in his car. I jumped up, followed the instructions and waited for him. Sure enough, he came driving by. I stepped into his car and we had a good talk about the Principle.

Many times I was deeply saddened when I walked into the cathedral. On the right side of the entrance many, many people lit candles and knelt in prayer in front of an altar for Mary.

I found a crowd of people there at all hours of the day. In contrast, just two or three people were sitting in front of Jesus' altar on the left. Everybody else worshipped Mary and disregarded Jesus. I really could feel his disappointment and was deeply saddened in my heart.

As I mentioned before, I frequently visited churches, especially the Calvinist Church, and made friends with the organist, Gerhard Wurm and his wife Waltraud, a teacher of religion. They invited me to their home and I taught the Principle until late at night or rather early in the morning, day in and day out. We had a blessed time together and they were deeply moved by the power of God. They were special people with a solid Christian background and very active for Jesus. I knew, God wanted them at this particular time in the dispensation, and I paid much indemnity to assist them in their decisive battle. When I came home to my icy room above the chicken coop in the early morning hours, I lit my candle on the altar, knelt down and fought a fierce battle in prayer, mobilizing spirit world to assist me in leading this young couple to Father. They had a two-year old daughter, and he had a degree in engineering. I knew, once I succeeded in winning them for True Parents, many new avenues would open up.

Therefore I invested all the love and spiritual power I had, until they were so moved in their hearts, that they accepted True Parents and the Divine Principle, in Dec. 1965. Full of enthusiasm they invited their friends, most of them teachers of religion, and I taught the Principle with much authority and power every day. It was the most wonderful Home Church experience I ever had. Since all of them came from a very active Christian background, they had the best chances to accept True Parents and the Divine Principle, and the Christian spirit world really participated. It wasn't easy though to convince them about God's new dispensation, and time and again I had to drive out Satan trying to influence these precious people called by God. Again I fasted and prayed as much as I could, and it was a constant battle between the good and the evil forces. Usually after my lectures I drove each one of them home in my VW-bus. Since they lived in different parts of the city, it took a few hours to get them to their destinations and this gave me more time to talk to them about True Parents and the Principle. When I finally came to my room in the early morning hours, I prayed desperately, that they might understand the truth and would be protected until our next meeting. This constant and deep involvement in the mission is the most rewarding experience.

Once I talked to one of my early members, Inge Eisner van Winden, for a few hours, teaching her the Principle and the atmosphere was really high. Afterwards I asked her: "Did you understand everything?" Her answer was: "No, I just know that everything you said is true and I accept it. I feel you are a man of God." She was so deeply touched in her heart by God's love and spiritual power, flowing through me when I witnessed to her, that she was convinced that God was calling her and all she could do was, follow. Later she studied the Divine Principle thoroughly and was able to teach others.

One by one these early members accepted True Parents and the Divine Principle. After three years of witnessing and my paying much indemnity, first in the United States, then in Germany, and now in Austria, suddenly, in the spring of 1966, I had nine spiritual children. I invested myself totally and worked hard with the result that all of them joined. First I was all by myself and now I had nine children to take care of: Gerhard Wurm, Waltraud Wurm, Inge Eisner van Winden, Hilde Maierhofer Blanchard, Romana Maierhofer Kunkel, Bernhard Maierhofer, Alfons Carda, Marianne, and Stephan. That was wonderful "trouble", but trouble it was. They needed constant care and nourishment. I was a father, mother and brother to them and had to be constantly alert to protect them from satanic influences. At least one or two of them created a base for Satan every day, and since we all held jobs during the day time, I only had the evening hours to straighten them out.

Fortunately I had such a firm relationship with God, and while I was selling my books, I prayed for their protection. They were all girls except for Gerhard Wurm and Bernhard Maierhofer.

New situations came about which I had never encountered before, but with the help of Heavenly Father I was able to handle them.

We met every evening and I just poured out my heart, teaching them what I knew about God, True Parents, and the Divine Principle, and they all grew in the their new life of faith.

But suddenly I encountered a serious problem, hitting me very hard. Gerhard Wurm, the organist whom I trusted very much, confronted me one Sunday morning and told me, "Paul, I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore." This statement really took me by surprise, even though I knew he was well-known in church circles, and some ministers tried to influence him. Regaining my composure, I answered him, "Gerhard, we have become close friends. You can't just send me away like this. Let's get together and you explain to me what this is all about. If you then decide to send me away, I'll leave." He agreed and invited me to his house for 4:00 o'clock in the afternoon. So I drove home to my little room over the chicken coop, got down on my knees and pleaded with Heavenly Father: "Please, Father, you can't let this happen, You must save this couple, You must bring them back. Please give me the power to convince them that Your son has returned and they have the privilege to follow him." I cried and prayed desperately for four hours on my knees, battling the satanic forces to release these two people. Then I drove to their home in my VW-bus, confident that Heavenly Father needed them and would guide me in this situation. As soon as I entered their apartment, I gave out so much love, that they broke out in tears and asked for forgiveness. They asked me to take them back and forget what happened. It was a very deep, heartistic experience, and immediately I sent a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father.

Yet even afterwards Gerhard created foundations for Satan many times. Being more the intellectual type, he began to study history very extensively, stumbling over certain parts of the Principle as he went along. But he always came to me and I gave him the explanations to his questions.

He was very rebellious in general, and whenever he rebelled against the Principle, he had a car accident. This happened three times in a row. His car was always badly damaged but he himself didn't get hurt. After it happened I appeared to him, saying just one word, "indemnity". On another occasion, when he had given me trouble again, he had a swollen face, caused by an infection in his throat. When I asked him:

"What's the matter, Gerhard," he mumbled, "You already know." This happened three times. Every time as soon as he repented, the swelling disappeared. But when he rebelled again, he was afflicted with the same condition. It was almost comical, but other people noticed it too and just laughed about it. But actually it was quite a serious matter, and I myself paid much indemnity to help him overcome all obstacles.

At one time he couldn't sleep all night. He still couldn't accept the law of indemnity. But he had such a bad toothache and just kept hearing the word "indemnity" over and over again. Finally he gave up and accepted totally. In fact, he began to teach and preach and both, he and his wife, invested themselves in the mission as much as possible.

Having nine members now, I desperately needed a center. The only apartment we could find was in the Zirkusgasse, a neighborhood infamous for its vices, but we moved into this apartment in May 1966 and turned this place into a haven for the spirit of God. Every evening we sat together for hours around our dining room table, usually with half a dozen guests, and I taught the Principle with much vigor and enthusiasm. Many members and guests had spiritual experiences in the form of visions and dreams. One of our frequent guests, Harald Unger, who was an assistant professor of botanics at the university for agriculture in Vienna at that time, and later became our missionary to Turkey, was deeply touched by the Principle. Even though he didn't talk much at all when I taught him, I knew that the high spiritual atmosphere and the truth had made a lasting impression and captivated him. When he was about to accept Father, he had a dream, that the whole congregation of his Pentecostal church was praying for him to prevent him from joining our movement. Out of curiosity he checked it out and got the confirmation that the whole congregation had prayed for him for 7 days. But God was stronger and convinced him that Father's message was the truth and that he was called to participate in the restoration work. He accepted God's call and joined our movement in 1966.

Our family grew quickly and soon we had 17 girls and three boys. It took a lot of parental love and care to guide them in their spiritual growth.

With one of them, Emmi Steberl Lee, we had some unusual experiences. She worked at an insurance company in Vienna and was invited to come to our center to hear the Principle. As usual we prayed for an hour before the guests came and created a high spiritual atmosphere. When she came in, she sensed something unusual and kept staring at me as I was lecturing her for hours and hours. Finally she went home and told her parents, that she had been with a group of young people and had been hypnotized. Not enough with that; the next morning she went to work at the insurance company and told all her coworkers about her experience, and the word spread quickly among those hundreds of employees. Yet Emmi kept coming back to the center and I taught her day after day, until she finally accepted, on Oct. 26, 1966. In the meantime she had found out that it wasn't hypnosis but the spirit of God touching her heart, drawing her into the family. Now she had to eat up her own words and correct the situation at the office.

It was still harder to convince her own parents that she didn't get hypnotized. They were simple people and afraid to get in touch with us.

Many months later, her father must have gathered all his courage together and decided to visit Emmi at the center. As the door opened he stretched out his hand with a piece of paper, saying, "I will not talk because I'm afraid to get hypnotized, like Emmi." It was a serious situation, but at the same time amusing. So I laughed and laughed and said to him, "Do you really believe that?" He answered spontaneously, "Yes", and the ice was broken. I took the old gentleman into the kitchen where three or four of our girls were preparing Sunday dinner. They embraced him with so much love, letting him taste all the food, while singing and talking to him. A few hours later he was one of us, and went home happy and relieved that his daughter wasn't hypnotized after all, and was living with normal people.

 Download entire page and pages related to it in ZIP format
Table of Contents
Tparents Home