Unification News for August 1999
Jardim: Build It and They Will Come
by Tom, Edy and David Iversen
My family and I were given the opportunity to come to Jardim the 25th of June and have been here a total of 28 days. Our experiences have been so extraordinary that I felt compelled to write to each member around the world and encourage them to come here as soon as possible.
It is hard to believe that Father is actually building the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, but in reality it is happening as I speak in this remote and serene area of Brazil, three hours from Campo Grande in the small town of Jardim.
I really didn't know what to expect and what I would find. My central figure sent me a video about Jardim and it looked so inviting, yet I felt how could I ever afford to go? Yet, my husband and I felt so spiritually compelled to go. So on a whim and a prayer we took all our savings and went. The trip includes a flight from Miami to Sao Paulo and then a three hour flight to Campo Grande, and then a four hour trip by bus to Jardim in the Brazilian countryside.
When we arrived I was exhausted but excited. At first glance there were only a few small bungalows for housing and two larger huge buildings for prayers (one called the Temple) and one for lectures, plus three unfinished buildings where members are now staying. The buildings also house our school and nursery. Being the queen of external comfort and beauty, it was hard for me to imagine this as the ideal world. Yet my vision soon expanded after hearing all the plans for this future Kingdom of Heaven on Earth and being here just a couple of days and absorbing the incredible spiritual atmosphere here. I was never at Chung Pyung, but everyone I talked with says this is absolutely the Kingdom of Heaven compared to the difficulties of Chung Pyung, hot showers, good food, lovely lecture room and Holy Temple included.
So I managed to overcome quickly some minor inconveniences as do all of the members here as the spiritual atmosphere is so high, members so wonderful, Hoon Dok Hae so deep and meaningful and best of all, True Parents came twice to see us since I was here.
Seeing True Parents and actually doing Hoon Dok Hae with them was the highlight of my life and actually taking a picture with True Parents and registering in the Kingdom of Heaven as there family. Yes, I am not kidding, we actually were able to register with them. Think about it. The Messiah is on the earth and you are given the opportunity to register to be part of his family in the Kingdom of Heaven forever and ever Amen. Almost unfathomable!
The fee for the workshop is $1000 per adult over 12 and $500 per child. If you have heard that you cannot come to the workshop without the $16,000 donation, please do not let that stop you from coming. Just come with your workshop fee. The purpose of the donation will be explained on the foundation of what is taught in the workshop. It is a long term project.
Father has so many extraordinary plans for the development of the Kingdom of Heaven here and for this land. It would take me hours to enumerate, so I will just list a few projects:
1. Ideologically we want to change from the selfishness and living for others centered on God and Father wants to solve the problems of immorality, so firstly we must educate as many people as possible with True Family Values. Father is giving workshops every weekend here called the "True Man Campaign" for 500 Brazilians every weekend, as well as simultaneous 40 day Hoon Dok Hae workshops for our members.
2. Every day over 50,000 people die of starvation. In order to end world hunger and Father want to develop high level research facilities and laboratories and centers of excellence to find the appropriate techniques for the development of fishing agriculture and forestry.
3. Father wants to create a new education system for blessed children and the citizens of Brazil. In this country alone there are 65 million illiterate and semi-literate and he would like to start schools in 33 cities to educate the people. Also, he wants to develop art and culture too which is almost non-existent here.
4. Father wants to create a permanent exhibition center for eco-tourism and the most advanced technology in the world.
5. Father is developing tree production throughout Brazil. He will plant trees of all different species which will not only benefit the ecology of Brazil but become an extraordinary tourist attraction.
6. Development and manufacturing of all the items that are created in secondary industries and fish farming, raising crops, hunting and much more.
7. Civil construction where they are going to build roads, hotels and international airport.
8. Hobby industry, the development of different hobby type industries in 33 different cities, such as fishing, golfing, a variety of them.
9. Creating model societies and getting people from all over the world to come here and follow our example and take it back to their countries so that they can duplicate it.
10. We are going to create a micro-world. For example within each region we will have small communities like Germantown, or Japantown and we will have festivals that will bring tourists from around the world.
Father also provided us with three wonderful trips to our Holy Grounds in Forte Olimpo, which houses a very quaint Brazilian style hotel, the Hotel Salobra and the Rio Perdido. On one trip to Forte Olimpo we went down the Paraguay river eight hours on a slow moving ferry and had a terrific time seeing alligators, beautiful birds and even danced the samba on the way back. My husband and I had always wanted a cruise and this was our honeymoon cruise as the day was one day before the 1st of July, our Blessing anniversary. Rev. Shin explained the suffering course Father has been through and the indemnity conditions he made before the blessing. The trip was unforgettable.
At Hotel Salobra we went down the river and went fishing in small boats where my son was able to catch three fish and our boat driver caught a piranha. Also, we had otters come right up to our boat and eat out of our hands. Alligators lined the banks and it was thrilling to say the least. On Rio Perdido we went for a beautiful walk in the woods and saw a clear-as-glass river full of fish that Father wants to develop into a tourist spot. We also went to Father's home there and we heard deep stories about Father and Mother and what they have gone through to give us this special blessing.
Father has so many dreams for Brazil and for our members, but most of all he wants he wants all members to come to the 40 day workshop and register and become part of the True Parents' eternal family. There are billions of people in the physical world and in the spirit world and we are the chosen few. I cannot impress upon you the importance of doing this. Everything else seems insignificant in comparison. Father says to bring your children and especially your spouse. Do not come with out your spouse. This is a workshop specifically for blessed couples and families. Father said nothing else is as important, no job, no mission, anything. He is serious about bringing everybody to Brazil. He is now 80 years old. How much longer will he live? We never know.
During this time here our dear workshop leaders, especially Reverend Yoon, gave us wonderful morning services. His internal guidance was the high point of the workshop. He told us about the tremendous conditions Father and Mother are doing to prepare for the coming blessing of 400 million and of all the incredible conditions they made here for the previous blessings. Father wants to give us everything, more than we can ever imagine. If you are thinking of coming, do whatever it takes, even if you have to borrow money from relatives, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
What if Father dies tomorrow and you miss the chance to be with him and take a picture and become part of his family? Will you ever forgive yourself? So dip into your savings, call your relatives for help or whatever it takes, but please come. God and Father and Mother are waiting for you.
And don't forget to bring your warm clothes, it gets cold at night so bring warm clothes and a coat. We could use toys, games and books and art supplies for our nursery and school. Also, we could use a basketball and net if you can find one you can leave here. Call your regional central figures for an update or talk to Betty Lancaster for an informational fax on everything you need to bring.
Also, don't forget to bring extra cash as it cost $35 each to leave the country and just in case you want to use the fax, or e-mail or telephone it will cost money. Also, a little store sells some necessities, but not much, so bring anything you might need such as vitamins and medicines. It is important to bring good clothes too for when True Parents speak and for Sunday entertainment which is usually spectacular. Currently the exchange rate is approximately 1.70 Real (Brazilian dollar) to $1.00 (American).
My husband and son are building a baseball field for all the members. It should be ready by the time you come, so if you have any baseball equipment you can leave here, gloves, bats soft and hard balls, please bring that too. If someone has a copy of the movie, "Field of Dreams" please bring that too. We want to show it here.
True Parents are building their Field of Dreams and waiting for you to become part of it. Won't you join them for eternity? Hope to see you here soon.
Download entire page and pages related to it in ZIP format
Table of Contents