Unification News for July 1999
Guidelines for Applicants for A Grand Prize in Art of The World Culture of Heart
With the year 2000 around the corner, in order to build the world culture of heart, we hope that many artists will emerge who can express the realm of victory of God and True Parents. Therefore we would like to invite public participation from Unificationists and the Blessed Second Generation for the purpose of finding talented and earnest artists who can contribute to the providence of the restoration of God. Hopefully, these artists can spread the new movement of Godism through art.
The Board of Executive Committee of A Grand Prize in Art of The World Culture of Heart. c/o The Dept. of Culture of the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity. Kogensha Bldg. 3F. 1-2-1 Shoutou, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0046
Qualification of Applicants
The Blessing Ring holders and the Blessed Second Generation over 18 years old from all over the world. Members yet to be blessed are required to submit a letter of recommendation by local pastor with the entry.
1. Preliminary judging (November í99): Selected from photographs or slides of artworks.
2. Secondary judging (December í99): Selected artists will be contacted to submit their works for the secondary judging. The works should be sent by air parcel post to the committee in Tokyo. The committee will cover the shipping charge.
3. Announcement of a Grand Prize and other prizes will be made in December í99.
4. The artworks accepted for the preliminary judging will be exhibited in Japan. They will be returned after being exhibited.
1. A Grand Prize: 500,000 yen (approx. US$4,200)
The winnerís artwork will be exhibited in the Art Festival for World Peace, planned to be held as a part of the 80th Anniversary of the Birthday of Rev. Sun Myung Moon in February 2000 in Seoul, and will be included in the Art Festivalís catalogue. Also, the artwork may be displayed in other art exhibitions in Japan.
2. Excellent Work Prizes: 200,000 yen (approx. US$1,700)
3. Fine Work Prizes: 50,000 yen (approx. US$420)
Consists of Unificationists and others knowledgeable about art.
Comprehensive judgment based on the artistic quality, faith, originality and techniques perceived in the works by several members of the selection committee.
Type of works:
Two-dimensional artwork (paintings): Medium, material, theme and number of entries are up to the artist.
Size: Artistís choice from 40cm x 50cm to 132cm x 163cm (approximately).
Works for entry: Created during the past year and not exhibited in public before.
How to Apply
Submit a completed application form, a head photograph of the artist, a photograph or a slide of the artwork for the contest. As reference materials, photographs of three or more other works, and catalogues of the applicantís works, if available, should be included.
Submitted documents and photographs will not be returned.
There is no application fee.
Applications will be accepted until October 31, 1999.
Download entire page and pages related to it in ZIP format
Table of Contents