The Words of In Jin Moon from 2011
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are honored to announce the 2011 Annual Peace King Cup Fishing Tournament on the Hudson River commemorating True Parents' 52nd Holy Wedding Anniversary. It will be held on Saturday, May 7 from the Half Moon Bay Marina in New York. This providential and international tournament was established by our True Parents in April 2000 on the Hudson River and in August 2000 in Kodiak, Alaska. This year marks the eleventh consecutive year.
Everyone is invited to participate! The tournament gives participants the opportunity to connect directly with True Parents' deep love for fishing and the ocean providence. It takes place in the exact waters where they invested countless hours of devotion for the sake of restoring America and saving all of humankind.
A beautiful Tournament Booklet is being prepared for this event. Please consider placing your congratulations message or advertisement in the booklet by using the attached form.
The tournament schedule and other details are described below. We hope that you can join us and bring great joy to Heavenly Father and True Parents though the success of this historic event!
Saturday, May 7 -- Fishing Tournament
7:00 AM register, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM fishing, Half Moon Bay Marina, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
5:00 PM weigh-in closes, Half Moon Bay Marina
Sunday, May 8 -- Lovin' Life Worship Service at Manhattan Center
10:00 AM LLM worship service
Awards ceremony and presentation right after the service
$120 per person (includes bait)
$100 extra if need rod and reel -- please order in advance!
$40 for guests or members fishing on their own boat or from the shore.
1st Prize: $3000 / Medal and Trophy
2nd Prize: $2000 / Medal and Trophy
3rd Prize: $1000 / Medal and Trophy
Fishing rod and reel, tackle.
Personal medications, waterproof outerwear-raingear and boots, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, gloves, lunch box, water bottle.
Participants will not be required to obtain a fishing license -- the New York law was changed.
Each participant is asked to fill in the attached Boat Owner Registration Form and Registration Form - send it by noon of May 3rd to Mr. Terry McMahon by e-mail or by fax.
For Program advertising use the Program Ad Contract.
Checks should be payable to HSA-UWC and mailed to: Financial Office, Suite 3027, 481 8th Avenue, NY, NY 10001.
Payment may also be through the attached Credit Card Form or during registration the day of the tournament.
Mr. Terry McMahon
78 DeMott Avenue, Clifton, NJ 07011
Reverend In Jin Moon
President and CEO
Dr. Chang Shik Yang
1. Only striped bass 25 inches and over in length are eligible for prize. Guests should not keep fish less than 25 inches. Only one fish per person may be entered. Prizes will be reduced by half if eligible fish is under 36 inches.
2. All participants must comply with US Coast Guard, New York State DEC, local laws and regulations and IGFA rules.
3. All occupants on boats must be registered, Guests and Boat owners.
4. Any fish caught, or judged to be caught, in an unsporting manner per IGFA rules will be disqualified. No snagged, gaffed or frozen fish may be eligible.
5. Weigh-in at dock from 4:00 -- 5:00 PM, May 7. No fish accepted after 5:00 PM. Fish will be measured by length only. In the event of a tie, the fish shall be judged by weight. Fish must be caught in the Hudson River that day between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM within 20 miles of the dock. Any fish not properly tagged with an official registration ribbon will not be eligible for prize.
6. Guests may only keep fish for the purpose of the tournament. No fish of any species shall be in any way cut or cleaned on the boat.
7. The headquarters captain has sole authority on the boat during the tournament. Any fish caught by an headquarters captain must be thrown back.
8. Communications for this tournament shall be on VHF Channel 72.
9. Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied and registered by a parent.
10. Tournament will be held regardless of the weather conditions.
11. No fishing license is required for this tournament.