The Words of Hyung Jin Moon From 2012
1. Hyung Jin recognized all the True Children and the members of their families who were present; Ye Jin Nim, In Jin Nim, Jeung Jin Nim, Yeon Jin Nim, Sun Jin Nim, Kwon Jin Nim. He also mentioned that the daughters in laws were at the hospital with True Mother.
2. All across the world – thanks to all of our brothers and sisters. Many many brothers and sisters from many countries, and from all countries, whether it's Brazil or …. They are offering Jeon Sung and prayers, an incredible amount of prayers for True Parents.
3. Today, my words are not just addressed to the local members, but to all members around the world. So let's give a round of applause to all the members around the world.
4. We need to remember Father is not just a normal person. Father's body is not just a normal body. About 10 years ago in America Father went through a very difficult situation with his health. I think many members already know about this, but at that time Father had to have heart surgery, because water kept flowing in. So 10 years ago he had to have an operation.
5. On the day that he went into the hospital the Iraq war began. My older brother is telling me to take deep breaths (Hyung Jin Nim is on the verge of tears). True Parents' mind and body are always connected to the Providence. If we look at the world today there are many dangerous situations. In 2005 Father predicted, he predicted the pan Pacific age, specifically that the island nations were in danger. Russia and China may use their overwhelming strength to take over the island countries – he said that that kind of a time might come. Already seven years ago he predicted this. Now we are witnessing that reality. The Senkaku Island, we see the Chinese citizens landed there and the Japanese police took them into custody. We see that that is a situation where there is a great possibility for conflict. You have seen the statistics that Kook Jin Nim gives in his lecture on strong Korea. Even now Korea and Japan are having conflict because of various content, whether it is territorial issues or other issues. Actually the free countries need to unite as one so they can stand up against the countries of communist dictatorship. They need to defend themselves against this challenge and this is a very important period in that sense. But instead we are fighting over a small island and that is what the world is witnessing.
6. The United States – economically now (declining) and so it is just standing by quietly. In the Divine Principle words, we see in part two, where there is the prophecy about the Third World war. And depending on human portion of responsibility, that war may be an actual war or it may be a conflict of ideologies. But, the Divine principle says that the Third World war must come, one way or the other. So this is an incredibly important time. Father who is responsible to save the world pushed himself way beyond his limits.
7. He went back and forth between Korea and the United States and as soon as he would arrive he would have assemblies where he would speak for three hours, four hours, and then he would have Hoon Dok Hae for 13 hours, 14 hours, 15 hours, 17 hours. I've been attending True Parents for the past year and a half, and this is how it's been continuously.
Sun Myung Moon, Hak Ja Han and Hyung Jin Moon
8. In the heavily calendar, or in the – I will use the solar calendar so it won't be confusing – on July 16 Father returned from Las Vegas to Korea. As soon as he arrived in Korea, while he was still in the plane he contacted Korea and told all members to gather in the Chungshim World Center. I am sure you remember and you all attended there. At that event he sweated as he spoke for three hours, four hours, and gave us words. The next morning at Hoon Dok Hae, the workshop for the Original Divine Principle was going on at that time and so he received the participants of that workshop.
9. From that time things became a little bit strange. His health seemed to be a little bit strange. As I was attending Father, when Father would catch cold or when he would have a slight fever or when he would be feeling bad, I saw them recover many many times, tens of times. When it was difficult he would take a rest – after that the next day he would come out again to Hoon Dok Hae and be very active and animated. I saw that many times.
10. But this time Father continued to cough – coughing a lot. We did not think that it was such a serious thing. Who could have predicted that would become like this, he was just coughing a little bit. But he continued to push himself – 10 hours Hoon Dok Hae, meeting the IW's for 13 hours, then Geomundo Island, he would push himself beyond his limits again. He would continuously – he was so active it was difficult for a young person to keep up with him.
11. As he went on like that, the coughs became more serious and gradually the people around him started to become concerned. On August 2 of the solar calendar he was at the Osan School. Do you know the Osan School? In our history, this is a middle school – high school that is mentioned in our history. He suddenly said he had to come to Seoul and visit the Osan School. The Osan School is located near Hanamdong. That was an off day, a weekend, so there was no staff or teachers there. He sat in the lobby there and called all the leaders of our church and told us to speak about the history of the Osan School – he had the leaders report on that. That day his cough was very serious. When he would start speaking, every time he started speaking he would cough. He couldn't speak without also beginning to cough. People were saying, "I think this cough is becoming very serious." People were very concerned on that day.
12. Continuously Father went to the Cheon Jeong Goon and he continued to cough. And Mother said, "This is too serious. Let's go to the hospital." But you know about him, you know how his personality is – what an incredible personality he has. He doesn't listen to anyone. And Mother was continuously saying, "Please please, Father you need to go to the hospital."
13. On August 3, without anyone knowing, Father was admitted to the Holy Mother Hospital in Seoul. No one knew about this, just the people who immediately attend Father. Their hope was that he would recover from his cough very quickly. Anyway, he was admitted to the hospital on that day.
14. The doctor did a number of tests. What was found in one part of the body, was that Father's lungs are different from a normal person's lungs – coal miner's lungs. And so the doctor said, "How is it that so many particles have entered into his lungs?" When Father was in Hungnam prison and he breathed in the ammonia. He was moving the materials there. When we told them about the Hungnam prison experience, he said, yes it is possible he was affected by that.
15. The lungs function is to provide oxygen to our bodies, and if there are a lot of particles there – what do you think? Can the oxygen go into the body easily or would it be difficult for the oxygen to go into the body. It would be more difficult than for a normal person for the oxygen to be absorbed, wouldn't it? So in that situation, the weakened lungs function, there was pneumonia and it made it difficult for Father.
16. When he first was admitted, three or four times a day he would breathe through an oxygen mask. The nurses would apply the mask to him so that he could breathe in better oxygen. And of course he was taking medicine as well and he was on an IV at that time. He was also being given nutrients and medicine through the IVs. At that time when he was in the hospital, this was when the Olympics were going on. We saw Father watching the Olympics, and he seemed to be weaker than usual. When he took our hands or when he walked it was more difficult for him to walk at that point.
17. In any case, he was there for 10 days. And you know how urgent he is. All our members know about Father, his character, he is always very urgent, he wants to go someplace. He gets angry if he wants to go someplace and he can't. In any case, he said it was like being in a prison. "I feel like I'm in a prison." He was scolding people around him. He needed to stay there until he was completely cured. But his character which is so incredible, even the doctor finally approved, and after 10 days Father returned to the Cheon Jeong Goon. He returned there after being in the hospital for 10 days.
18. But he made a promise to Mother that he would rest. He made that promise. He promised he would not go back and forth. And Mother made sure he promised that before she took him to Cheon Jeong Goon. And I remember that day. But as soon as he got into the car, he still had an IV in the car, but as soon as he got into the car he said, "Where is the helicopter? I want to go to Geomundo, As soon as he got into the car – and we said, "Father you can't take the helicopter now, you need to rest!"
19. And so he returned to the Cheon Jeong Goon. August 12 he returned. He rested for a while and then at 10 PM that evening he started coughing. He got up out of bed and he received a lot of revelations at that point. He did a special ceremony at that point. He did a ceremony covering north south east and west. He gave lots of words. It was important that he not speak because his lung function was very weak. And so he needed to stop talking but he kept speaking through the night. He rested a while longer and then got up in the morning.
20. It was difficult for him to walk normally so he was in the wheelchair, still connected to the IVs. He said go that way, go over there. And the people who were treating him, together with True Mother, took him into all the corners of the Cheon Jeong Goon, East, West, South, and North. He went outside and went to all the major points of Cheon Jeong Goon.
21. Not only is he 93 but he was in a very weakened state. He pushed himself far beyond his limits. Because he feels the urgent responsibility to save the world. And so he pushed himself way beyond his limits.
22. That day, I remember, even when he was lying down he was not comfortable, because it became more and more difficult for him to breathe when he was lying down. And so he could not lie down, he had to sit, because when he would lie down it put pressure on his lungs, and so he had to sit and breathe that way. But it was very uncomfortable for him. You could see that he was uncomfortable. That night Father could not sleep. And he continued, every 30 minutes, every hour, he would get up and try to change the way that he was lying down. Mother was seeing that. She told them "Father I don't think your body is very healthy." The next day Mother convinced him to go to the Cheong Shim hospital. Very quickly, very suddenly he went to the Cheong Shim hospital.
23. Our room is [close], but he went out even before we could join him. He went out very quickly to the Cheong Shim hospital. At that time he needed to breathe through the oxygen mask. When we got there the hospital and the nurses and doctors did their best to help him. But it became, we felt it was, becoming more and more difficult. The doctors felt it was becoming more and more difficult for them to care for him. And so that day when Kook Jin Nim returned from the United States we had a meeting at the Cheong Shim hospital. They were giving him oxygen saturation – this is a test to see whether oxygen, enough oxygen is getting into the blood. The doctors confirmed that the body was not absorbing oxygen as much as it should. Many people felt that Father would be comfortable at Cheong Shim hospital, but Mother said no we need to go to the Holy Mother hospital. They have an intensive care unit and so he needs to go there. She said, "if this gets any worse… We need to move him to Seoul." Mother made that decision.
24. In that situation, at that time Father was eating rice gruel, a very soft rice soup. But, because his lung function was weak and he could not breathe normally, the doctors were trying to feed him the rice gruel in order to give him more energy. But on the way to Seoul the gruel that he had eaten went down the wrong pipe. It went into the trachea. Because he had pneumonia and something went into his body quickly – this was a very dangerous situation. As soon as he arrived at the intensive care unit they immediately gave him artificial respiration with their hands.
25. Mother said, okay you should all go to Hanamdong. But as soon as we got there we got a call to quickly come back. When we arrived at the IC unit, Mother was waiting, and we waited for about an hour there. And the doctors said if Mother had made the decision to come to Seoul even a half-hour later – Father would have gone to spirit world that day, if that decision to come to Seoul had been made even a half-hour later. That's how serious it was.
26. But heaven protected him. And just at the right time he was moved to Seoul. We had a small opportunity then to stabilize Father's situation. The oxygen was not being absorbed as it should and so an oxygen tank was placed next to his bed. He was given an oxygen mask, but even that was not enough. He had less than 80% saturation of oxygen in his blood. In other words, more than 20% of his body was not able to absorb. And so it was a very dangerous situation. And if the oxygen mask was not enough they had to go to the next stage. The next stage was to pump his lungs with a machine – so as to move the lungs to the maximum extent. This is an artificial respirator.
27. Father used that artificial respirator – and so the oxygen saturation began to rise to a stable level. We were very encouraged by that. We were a little bit more encouraged. As you know our church, our older (elders) you have experienced something like this. When you go to the hospital and you are connected to a respirator, a tube is placed in, and something is put in to keep the mouth from closing. And so from the first day Father had a tube in his mouth and he could not speak. He was receiving medicine by IV. We feel a gagging instinct. When you have a tube in there think how uncomfortable it is. It is difficult for old people to endure this, and they are connected to a machine and breathing is not natural. The machine is forcing the breathing and so the neck and throat is very painful. And so the first day Father was allowed to sleep. He was given a medicine that put him to sleep so he would not feel the pain.
28. I saw how Father overcame all difficulties, whether it is a cold or anything else or any difficulties in our church. I felt that he would probably get out of bed in two days and call everyone together, "let's have Hoon Dok Hae!" That is what I expected. But people who are old, their health can deteriorate very quickly, very suddenly. As he was breathing through the respirator, through the machine, the doctor called True Mother and called us to the conference room and said to us, "he has now been on the machine for a day or two, and now the pneumonia bacteria is now in the bloodstream and went into the kidneys and now the kidneys are not able to function normally. Father is not able to create urine." In that situation the blood becomes acidic and it itself becomes a poison. And so they needed to have dialysis, put on a dialysis machine. I'm sure you know that when we do dialysis – a large tube has to be placed into the body. This is an operation which places it in the body. It takes out the urine so that other organs can recover.
29. So the approval was given for that. The signature was given and the doctor was told to do that. After doing that I went down to see Father after that. Now Father had a tube in his throat and his IVs for nutrients and for protein. He could not eat and so he was being given proteins through the IV, and food as well. Then they had to cut into his body again to place the dialysis tubes. And so, when we saw Father we were very concerned. For an older person even one dialysis operation is difficult.
30. The next day the machine had to force Father to breathe so the oxygen would get into his body. But the doctor told us, right now the machine is on maximum force and yet, even though the machine is working at maximum, still Father's saturation rate is falling. And so now there is only the final stage remaining. Modern medicine has only one more stage – and that would be to go into an artery in the leg and to take blood from there and then to put oxygen into the blood and then put the blood back into his body after it had been saturated with blood outside the body. And so they needed to put tubes in 2 arteries, to take the blood out of the body and to then saturate it with oxygen and then put the blood back into the body. And so there were more and more machines placed around Father. He could not move. Sometimes the patient tries to take off the tubes and so he was placed in a deep sleep and made so his body could not move.
31. And so the situation was getting worse. It was deteriorating very quickly. It was very shocking to us to see how quickly he was deteriorating. In any case, in that situation – now all members around the world are offering Jeon Sung and sweating and offering prayers for Father's quick recovery. 32. What I am very grateful for is that in this situation, Father, of all members around the world, everyone is concerned. Mother made a very wise decision to put out official statements, asking everyone to offer Jeon Sung and that Father is in the ICU. Let's all pray. Let's all offer Jeon Sung. That was the content of her statement.
33. Even when that memo was not going out, already the True Children were coming from all over the world to Korea. And Mother met them.
34. She would take [True Father] by the hand and she would also massage Father's feet and she would say to Father, "Father I love you. Father I love you. Please be strong. Please get up and slap me on the cheek! Get up fighting. Please get up. Please rise up!" Every day Mother would go down to the ICU. She went so often that the doctors said you need to let him alone. If Father becomes too excited, for a person of that age to be put in that situation, to become excited, it will become more difficult. If his heart rate rises – and so Mother's visits were reduced to twice a day by the doctors order.
35. But, what I was very grateful for – that the members acted very quickly to offer Jeon Sung, giving Chambumonim Eok Mansei. Many tweets and e-mails from members around the world. He is still in grave dangerous situation. He is still in ICU. He needs to remain there. The next week is really important. He needs to be there for at least a week.
36. Some people say, "Oh, he got up and ate some gruel." But they don't know what's going on. Father needs to remain in his sleep. He has tubes in his arteries. He has so many tubes in him that they can't put any more in. He is in that situation.
37. Two days ago Father was able to have a bowel movement. And then, now he is lying down and so his bowels need to move. Something is being put in through his nose. Two days ago the respirator was at the maximum and the machine to oxidative his blood. Now it is down to 50% and Father's oxidation rate is at 97, 98%. It means at that point he was receiving enough oxygen.
38. From the moment that people started offering Jeon Sung we saw that Father's infection was going down. We saw that the oxygen machine, the respirator could be reduced to 40% of maximum and he is still received enough oxygen at that level. Yesterday the True Family visited Father in the morning and again in the evening. But I'm really grateful to heaven, to see the work of heaven and to see that Father has improved a lot by the prayers being offered. We visited him last night. The respirator was reduced to 30% and Father was able to receive enough oxygen even at that level.
39. This morning we visited him with Mother and the situation is the same as last evening. Father continues to sleep. But there are still many machines attached to him, 13 various machines and lines attached to him. Still it is very serious. Of course if we see him improve a little but we feel hope. But a person at this age, the situation can change in a single moment. A little bit of bacteria goes in – and things can deteriorate very quickly. At least the next week is extremely important. That is the situation that Father is in now.
40. It is important for us to offer Jeon Sung. We should offer Jeon Sung shouldn't we?