Who Is He?
By Sung Mo Koo
Chapter 4 - Objective Messianic Qualifications Found In The Books Of Prophecy
I. Korean Books of Prophecy
According to the Korean prophecies, the Messiah who will come in the last days must comply with the following descriptions.
1. The holy man must be born north of the 38th parallel.
2. He is born with the spiritual fortune of the unsurpassed Diamond Mountain in North Korea. He lives temporarily in the island nation in the east (Japan, the United States, etc.) before the August 15, 1945 liberation, and then returns to Korea.
3. He is as richly blessed as Seok-Soong-Gong, who is known to be a man with the greatest blessings in the world.
4. He must have the experience of prison.
5. He must endure a difficult life of entrapment and walk a path through the land of death for the sake of being truthful, and receive ridicule and unjust blame. iii ~`~ 231 x ~'~®
6. He is the one who will match and marry many good men and women who believe in God.
7. He is one who marries again.
8. The place he appears in is under the Dragon Mountain (Yong-San), where in the center of Seoul on a field of white sand a rooster crows and a dragon howls. He takes this place as a command post and provides direction to the world.
9. He is the one who pursues the unity of religions. As a master of all religions, he is the universal man transcending east and west. He brings Confucianism, Buddhism and Christianity into oneness and he comes to this world as Chung-Do-Ryung, a Second Coming of Buddha and Christ. He comes as the true parent of all the world's people. He comes as the eldest son of God and king of all kings.
10. He comes out of the combined religions of east and west as a branch, and when the way of the white cross appears, there will come many invalids (handicapped people).
11. He is well known both in the east and the west, for example, in England and America.
12. He comes from a peninsular country on the corner of the eastern continent. The holy man comes from Heaven to the east.
Thus, he comes in the east in order to save the world's people, and he meets these objective qualifications.
He comes as an eldest son of God, carrying the commandment of God, to implement God's plan in this world. He comes to choose good people and make them God's own people, with whom to build the millennial kingdom on the earth.
The Korean prophecies foresee the advent of the Messiah in concrete ways as listed above.
2. The Country of the Messiah As Viewed In The Bible
Revelation 7:2-4 reads, "And I saw another angel ascending from the east (RSV: from the rising of the sun), having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea. Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel." (KJV)
Which country is this country of the east? The east here refers either to Korea, Japan or China. China, however, remains as of today a materialistic country that denies the Creator and religion, so it is clearly not indicated.
Japan is described as follows according to Isaiah 41:1-4: "Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? . . . Who bath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he." (KJV)
From the above passage, it is shown clearly through the saying "keep silence before me, O islands," that Japan is also not the place where the sun rises.
Let us examine the origin of the word Chosun [English Ed. Note: Chosun was the ancient name of Korea, a usage revived during the Yi dynasty.] The dictionary definition reads, "Chosun is a proper name of the country of Korea, meaning a country where the sun rises, a country of the morning."
Is it just a coincidence that I would deduce from the Bible that the country where the sun rises is Korea, and the dictionary also would designate the country where the sun rises to be Korea?
3. The Messiah As Described In A Western Book Of Prophecy
The book of the great French prophet Nostradamus, 10:75, reads,
No matter how long we wait there is no chance that he will come from Europe. It is Asia from whence he is to come. A great union will be born out of Hermes. He will surpass all the kings of the Orient. The country of the sun will maintain a great messianic law. A new leader of the spirit will come in the east.
Thus the Bible, which transcends time and place (whether east or west, ancient times or the present day), and other prophecies are unanimous in predicting that the Messiah is surely coming in Korea.
Book Six - Who Is He?
Sung Mo Koo
Download entire page and pages related to it in ZIP format
Table of Contents