The Words of the Yang Family
Clarification of Standards and Final Schedule of Blessing Workshops
Chang Shik Yang
January 18, 2005
(NHQ 2GD - 05 – 002)
TO: Regional Directors, Vice Regional Directors, State Leaders, Blessed Central Families
FROM: Dr. Chang Shik Yang, Rev. Michael Jenkins
DATE: January 18, 2005
RE: Second Generation Matching and Special Blessing: Clarification of Standards and Final Schedule of Blessing Workshops
With apologies for the delay, we have finalized the schedule and location of Blessing workshops for candidates for the February, 2005 Special Second Generation Blessing during the celebration of True Parents’ Birthday. In addition, there may have been some misunderstanding and confusion concerning the standard of purity required for participants, which we wish to clarify.
I. The Standard of Purity
Father instructed that those who had kissed or dated in an exclusive relationship or any more serious or intense involvement should not participate in this matching and Blessing. Because one international memo mentioned "any relationship with the opposite sex" as a disqualifying condition, some were discouraged from applying, thinking that an infatuation, fantasy or emotional feeling toward someone barred them from participation. This is an unrealistically narrow interpretation.
We recommend that the standard be understood as follows: any member of the second generation who has seriously and romantically kissed or sexually touched a member of the opposite sex, or developed an exclusive relationship with one person that reached the level of kissing or touching of any sexual area, should not participate. An emotional attachment alone, or a hug, or a friendly or innocent kiss does not necessarily disqualify someone from participating. An inner fantasy or feeling toward a specific person likewise does not automatically bar someone from applying for this matching. Each person who feels the desire and calling to participate should not be discouraged, but should reflect internally, repent for any small misstep of heart, but confidently follow your inner leading. For questions or clarifications, candidates or parents may wish to contact Mrs. Hiromi Stephens, Rev. Phillip Schanker or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the other qualifications of age, absolute faith in Father’s choice without question, preparation for international or interracial marriage, good physical and mental health and no prior matching or Blessing must be fulfilled by each candidate.
II. The Schedule and Location of Blessing Workshops
There will be 2 workshops available for candidates: 1 in New York on January 28 – 30, and one in San Francisco on February 4 - 6. Participants in the San Francisco workshop should plan to fly together as a group directly to Korea on Korean Airlines from San Francisco immediately after the workshop [see travel suggestions below]. Each program has been organized to be as inexpensive yet comfortable and convenient as possible, given the situation. Parents are welcome, and are encouraged to attend if possible. Also, this workshop is open to other BC’s age 17 or over who are not going to Korea. (BC’s 15 - 16 may attend with a parent.) The details are as follows:
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION- Go online at <http://www.familyfed.org/bfd/BLWS-regis.htmlhttp://www.familyfed.org/bfd/BLWS-regis.html, All participants must register online individually at the above webpage. Registration for either workshop and participation in the matching and Blessing in Korea ends Jan. 27. Registration for the San Francisco workshop ONLY (those not going to Korea) will end Feb. 1.
WORKSHOP FEE- $70. per person; includes food & accommodations. Pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card upon arrival. Make checks to "HSA-UWC".
There will be no reduced fee for participants who are fasting or not staying in the accommodations provided.
A. East Coast Workshop- will be held at UTS in Barrytown, New York.
· DATES- Friday, January 28th to Sunday, January 30th.
· SCHEDULE- Arrival and registration at 8:00 PM Fri., Workshop ends on Sun. at approx. 2:30pm.
· TRANSPORTATION- For those coming from out-of-state, bus transportation runs regularly from JFK, La Guardia and Newark airports to Penn Station in Manhattan (1 block from New Yorker Hotel) for $10 – $15. Amtrak trains run hourly from Penn Station to Rhinecliff, NY, the station closest to UTS. We will arrange pick up from there if you call us (details will follow). We will do our best to coordinate return transportation from UTS to area airports at the workshop. Please schedule return flights to depart after 6:30 PM Sunday, if possible. [NOTE TO PARENTS: UTS is a 1 hour drive from Albany Airport, and car rentals there are inexpensive. Other area airports include Stewart International in Newburgh, NY, and Westchester County Airport. We cannot guarantee transportation to these airports.]
· WHAT TO PREPARE- Clothes and toiletries, pen and notebook and sleeping bags. Blessing fee should be paid at workshop (minimum $1,000) or you must show a receipt if it has already been paid. A COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS FOR KOREA MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE WORKSHOP.
B. West Coast Workshop- held at the San Francisco church in San Leandro, Calif.
· DATES- Friday, February 4th to Sunday, February 6th.
· SCHEDULE- Arrival and registration at 4:00 PM Fri., program close mid-morning Sun.
· TRANSPORTATION- For those arriving at area airports, transportation to the workshop site will be organized. Be sure to report your arrival time through the online registration or by calling Sheila Song at (202) 319-3200, ext. 126. Candidates traveling to Korea will be transported to the airport as a group after the workshop. Other return transportation is not guaranteed.
· WHAT TO PREPARE- Clothes and toiletries, pen and notebook and sleeping bags. Blessing fee should be paid at workshop (minimum $1,000). or you must show a receipt if it has already been paid. A COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS FOR KOREA MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE WORKSHOP.
· TRAVEL FOR SF PARTICIPANTS- be sure to arrive at workshop fully prepared for travel to Korea and participation in Blessing. We recommend that you make your travel plans to fly with our group on Korean Air (KA), Sunday, Feb. 6, at 1:35pm using GO WORLD TRAVEL, 1-800-327-3667. Call as soon as possible for the best price.
BC’s WHO HAVE FULFILLED A BLESSING WORKSHOP: For those BC’s who will be going to Korea and have already fulfilled the Blessing Workshop requirement, you must submit all forms, documents, 8"x10" photos, and receipt for payment of Blessing Fee by January 27, 2005. Mail everything to the following address to ARRIVE by Jan. 27: Rev. Inguk Seo, 4 West 43rd St., New York, NY 10036.
Your name will not be submitted to Korea on the "USA Official Approved Matching List" unless copies of all your paperwork has been submitted.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THESE WORKSHOPS: contact Blessing@familyfed.org, Sheila Song at (202) 365-4568, or Hiromi Stephens at (410) 997-6450.
Dr. Chang Shik Yang
FFWPU- North America
Rev. Michael Jenkins
Download entire page and pages related to it in ZIP format
Table of Contents