The Words of Won Pil Kim
To all blessed central families - sisters and brothers.
Rev. Won Pil Kim, one of the earliest members of the Unification Church, passed into the spirit world at 1:30 a.m. on the 18th day of the 2nd month in the 1st year of Heaven (April 7, 2010) in Japan. He was 82. True Parents bestowed the calligraphic message "Congratulations, eldest brother among blessed families, Won Pil Kim. May you be a devoted person embodying Heaven's heart." (tentative translation) Father (who is in the United States) dated the calligraphic message 2.17, the date in America at the time of Rev. Kim's ascension. Father has instructed that a World Seunghwa Ceremony be held for Rev. Won Pil Kim at the former (world) headquarters church in Cheongpa-dong, Korea, where he served as pastor for a long time. The Seunghwa Ceremony will be presided over by the international president Hyung Jin Moon. All those who can participate should participate with a sincere heart.
1. Date and place of ascension
1) Date: 1:30 a.m. 18th day of the 2nd month in the 1st year of Heaven (April 7, 2010)
2) Place: Tokyo Medical University Hospital, Japan
Please note that the 1st day of the 1st month on the heavenly calendar has now been confirmed to have begun from True Parents' birthday, the 6th day of the 1st month by the lunar calendar. Please note that the dates on the heavenly calendar are different from the dates on the lunar calendar.
2. Seunghwa Ceremony
1) Date: 8:00 a.m., 21st day of the 2nd month in the 1st year of Heaven (April 10, 2010)
2) Venue: Main Sanctuary of the former World Headquarters Church in Cheongpa-dong, Seoul
3. Wonjeon Ceremony
1) Date: 12:00 noon, 21st day of the 2nd month in the 1st year of Heaven (April 10, 2010)
2) Venue: 1st Wonjeon site at the Paju Wonjeon