The Words of the Stephens Family
May 17th Holy Blessing - Washington DC
Jim and Hiromi Stephens
May 1, 2008
Dear Leaders and all Blessed families and members,
On May 17th in Washington D.C. at the Washington Family Church a special blessing of marriage will be conducted. It will be officiated by Dr. and Mrs. Chang Shik Yang with the special grace of our True Parents.
Attached is an official memo for our Blessed Family Department National Co-Directors Rev. Jim and Hiromi Stephens.
True Parents have given permission that second generation who have been matched by their parents may participate, therefore the blessing is for qualified first generation couples and second generation who have been matched. More information will follow.
Rev. Michael Jenkins
TO: District Directors, All FFWPU Leaders, and All Blessed Central Families
FROM: Rev. Jim and Hiromi Stephens, Co-Directors, BFD
DATE: May 1, 2008
RE: Announcement of the Details of the May 17th Blessing Ceremony
We pray for God and True Parents' blessings and love to be with all American members as we prepare to celebrate the First National Level Blessing in America with the participants in Washington, DC.
Please look for a follow-up memo with additional details and any needed clarifications.
1. DATE OF THE BLESSING CEREMONY: Saturday, May 17, 2008
2. PLACE: Washington, DC, Family Church. 1610 Columbia Rd. NW, Washington, DC
3. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: Matched First Generation couples, previously married couples and Second Generation couples matched by their parents are welcome to attend. They will be educated to follow each of the important steps for a Blessed Central couple to inherit the original lineage and Heavenly Tradition.
4. SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
Arrival and Check-in (They must register in advance): 8:30am
Education on Meaning, Value, and Process of the Blessing and Change of Blood Lineage 9:00am
Holy Wine Ceremony 11:00am
Rehearsal for the Blessing 11:30am
Change clothes for the Blessing 1:00pm
Blessing Ceremony 2:00pm
Refreshments and picture taking 3:00pm
Indemnity Stick Ceremony (First Gen. only) 4:00pm
End of events 5:00pm
5. BLESSING DONATION FEE: The Blessing Donation for each American member is $2,000.00.
Re-Blessing candidates who have already made the original donation should offer a Blessing donation of $500.00. Married couples attending the Blessing should donate $2,000.
Blessing Donations are due IN FULL one week before the Blessing on May 12, 2008, because we need to know exactly who will be attending and how many.
Payment should be sent directly to National BFD Headquarters at:
Blessed Family Department Payment Forms available at District Office
ATTN: Sheila Song
3224 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20010
Download a payment form on the Internet: www.familyfed.org/bfd/events/blessing/1GBlessingPayForm.pdf
Keep a copy of your payment forms and also send a copy to your District Headquarters.
6. BLESSING RINGS: Rings can be pre-purchased in America at the Japanese Publications Store at 4 West 43rd St. in New York City. All participants will need a Blessing Ring for the ceremony.
7. REPORTING YOUR ATTENDANCE: All participants should report that they will be attending to their District HQ immediately. Required Forms are available from the District or local church. All Applications require the signature of 2 church leaders.
Submit (1) one copy to National Headquarters (see below), (2) one copy to your District Office, and (3) keep one copy.
8. ONLINE APPLICATION AND RESERVATION:
In addition to paper forms with the required signatures, it is important that participants fill out the online Application and Reservation Form for the Blessing Ceremony to hold a place:
Bridegroom: Dark Blue Suit, White Dress Shirt, Red Necktie, Black Shoes
Bride: White Wedding Dress, White Shoes
The white gloves to be worn by the brides and bridegrooms during the ceremony, and the corsage, veil, and bouquet for the bride will be provided at the ceremony.
A limited number of spaces are available at the Columbia Road church. These are sleeping bag type accommodations. Please contact the DC Blessing Coordinator, Rev. Luis Patino for information.
There will be coffee and refreshments at Check-In and lunch provided to participants.
There will be refreshments after the ceremony for all participants and guests.
God bless you,
Jim and Hiromi Stephens
Blessed Family Department