The Words of the Schanker Family
We pray for God and True Parents' blessings and love to be with all American members as we prepare to celebrate True Father's 90th birthday and the International Blessing Ceremony. Please communicate the following information as quickly as possible to all participants and family attending the Blessing.
1. Venue for the Blessing has been changed to the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center. This will allow us extra seating for guests. We expect that each participant will get 2 guest tickets. Therefore a couple attending will receive tickets for themselves and 4 guests.
2. Last Day for Registration. The last day for registration is Tuesday, Jan. 27th. Our staff is traveling and cannot be responsible for any late registrations after that date.
3. Transportation to and from airports. Our staff and volunteers are providing transportation from the airports to the hotel ONLY on Thursday, Jan. 29. If you arrive earlier or later, you must provide your own transportation. Further information will be provided in a final transportation memo, including the phone number of someone willing to provide a ride from JFK for $30.
We are providing transportation back to the airports on Sunday afternoon and Monday ONLY. On other days, you must provide your own transportation. Information will be available for you.
4. Arrivals at the Hotel Pennsylvania. All participants should go to the 18th floor of the hotel to the Skytop ballroom for registration. Non-participants should go to the hotel Front Desk for check-in.
5. Hotel Rooms for participants. The Blessing Committee will provide a hotel room for all in the Blessing participants who have paid their Blessing donation. Rooms are 4 women or 4 men to a room, usually with 2 double beds. Family, friends, and non-participants must provide your own room and food, and should reserve a room directly with the Hotel Pennsylvania www.hotelpenn.com or another hotel.
6. Roommate requests. If you would like to choose your own roommate, please arrange to come TOGETHER to the registration table on the 18th floor. We try our best to honor requests, but we cannot guarantee to hold empty spaces in a room if you are not there on time.
7. Extended Stays in the Hotel. If you plan to arrive before Jan. 29 or stay in the hotel after Feb. 2, you must contact the hotel directly and pay for the room on your own, at the same special Family Federation rate. We are not responsible for making these arrangements.
8. Digital Room Keys. You room keys are programmed to stop working on Monday, Feb. 2, at exactly 12:00 noon. The key will not work after that. To enter your room after that, you will have to go to the hotel front desk and arrange a new key and any required payment.
9. Education for all participants. On Friday, all participants are required to attend a day of education in preparation for the Blessing. All education will be at 43rd St. except for Japanese members who will have a separate session (location to be announced).
Here is the basic outline for the day:
7:30 - 8:30 Breakfast
8:45 - 10:00 Orientation and Welcome
10:30 - 12:00 Education Session 1
1:00 - 2:30 Education Session 2
3:00 - 4:30 Education Session 3 and Close
10. Hairdresser for sisters. We will have a professional hairdresser available for sisters who desire it. The cost will be a discounted price of $60. More information will be available upon arrival. There will also be many volunteers to help with hair and make-up for sisters in the Blessing.
11. More information on our website FAQ. Please check our BFD website for more information. Many questions are already answered on the FAQ page. www.familyfed.org/bfd
12. For questions or information contact
Blessed Family Department- Hiromi
BC Blessing Department- Rev. Inguk Seo
God bless you,
The Blessing Coordination Team
Rev. Phillip Schanker
Vice Pres. for Education, FFWPU
Rev. Inguk Seo
Director, BC Blessing Dept., FFWPU
National Co-Director, BFD- FFWPU
National Co-Director, BFD- FFWPU