The Words of the Schanker Family
Dear Blessed Families,
The Blessing Ceremony will be held in the Manhattan Center in New York, NY on January 31st, 2009. Attendees include all couples matched by True Parents and any 2nd Generation who were already matched by their parents.
First Generation matched couples and also previously married couples are invited to attend. Specific details for their participation will be announced in a memo that will follow this one.
The matching is expected to be held in Korea in mid-January, 2009. Candidates may participate directly at the matching or by sending their picture. In case of photo matching, please prepare good quality photos as instructed below and submit all applications including the Blessing fee ($2,000) by January 10th, 2009. Applications that come in later may not be able to take part in the matching. Additional details will be announced as they become available.
1. QUALIFICATIONS FOR SECOND GENERATION MATCHING and BLESSING CANDIDATES *
Single Second Generation members (age range: 17 - 30 years old) who have maintained their purity may participate if they meet the following qualifications for the Cheon Il Guk Blessing:
1) Purity: Those who have maintained purity of lineage, and have had no exclusive romantic relationship (girlfriend/boyfriend) or experience of kissing, dating or beyond.
2) Absolute Faith: To accept True Parents' match without question and not break it.
3) International Blessing: Willingness to receive international, interracial or intercultural Blessing to create one global family
4) Public Commitment: Resolved to live for the sake of others through public activities for at least three years
5) First Time Blessing: Those who have never been previously Blessed. (Those who broke TP's matching are NOT eligible to apply for TP's matching again)
6) Good Health: Those who have no special physical or psychological problems.
* In case True Parents allow any extended qualifications (i.e. those who were Blessed but it was broken by the other partner before it was consummated or those who dated but had little or no physical relationship), these candidates should prepare all applications including photos if you wish to be included.
3. DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT Please download all documents at the BC Blessing Dept. website: bcblessing.familyfed.org
1) Blessing Application Form signed by District director
2) Family Introduction Form.
3) Interview and Confession Form signed by District director.
4) Two 8" x 10" photos of each person.
One photo of head and shoulders only. One of whole body. Indoors, plain background.
5) Graduation certificate from a Blessing Workshop
6) Completed AIDS test
7) Certificate of Physical Exam (only matching candidates)
8) Signed Confirmation of Qualification for True Parents' Matching (only matching candidates)
9) Blessing fee receipt
10) Matching report form (only matched 2nd Generation by their own parents)
3. BLESSING FEE [more than an administrative fee- a meaningful historical condition]
Since the Blessing ceremony will be held in the USA, the standard Blessing fee established by True Parents is $2,000 per candidate. For those who travel to Korea for the matching, the Blessing fee will be discounted to $1,500.
(Please use 'Blessing fee payment form' at bcblessing.familyfed.org)
4. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS AND BLESSING FEE: January 10th, 2009
5. 7 DAY FAST
7 day fast should be done by all participants before the Blessing.
6. WHERE TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTS AND BLESSING FEES
1) By mail: Rev. Inguk Seo
BC Blessing Department
4 W. 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
2) By email: email@example.com (For electronic pictures, the resolution must be more than 1MB)
For further information, contact Rev. Inguk Seo, Director of BC Blessing Dept., FFWPU- USA.
Rev. Phillip Schanker
Vice-President for Education
Rev. Inguk Seo
Director, BC Blessing Department