The Words of the Schanker Family
Dear Blessed Families,
We are pleased to announce a Winter Retreat for Young Blessed Couples who are planning to begin married life or have begun married life. The program will be held January 9 - 11, 2009, at UTS in Barrytown, NY. Participants will also have an opportunity to enjoy skiing, snowboarding and tubing or other activities and fellowship at Hunter Mountain with their spouse and friends.
This retreat will emphasize the development of each couple’s relationship as well as the development of a supportive couples’ community. Participating couples should gain an understanding that the Blessing is a continuous growth process: individually, within their marriage relationship, and with the greater community of Blessed Families.
The program will balance insights and testimonies on the value of the Blessing with practical guidance on relationship-building. This will be a valuable way to deepen and improve your marriage, and re-focus your personal and spiritual life, as well as build community together as Blessed Couples.
There are about 30 rooms available for individual couples, which will be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Additional dorm space is available for couples to stay separately from their spouses, particularly for couples who have not begun their family life. Couples may register online at bcblessing.familyfed.org/registration/retreat.html.
Please see below for additional details.
1. Date: January 9th -- 11th, 2009 (Friday to Sunday)
2. Location: UTS, Barrytown, NY and Hunter Mountain
3. Theme: Building a Life Together
4. Retreat Fee: $180 per couple (includes skiing and activities at Hunter Mountain)
5. Registration: All participants MUST register by December 25th, 2009 at bcblessing.familyfed.org/registration/retreat.html
6. Schedule: The retreat will begin Friday at 4PM with registration and end on Sunday with skilling
For further information, contact Rev. Inguk Seo, Director of BC Blessing Dept., FFWPU- USA.
Rev. Phillip Schanker
Vice-President for Education
Rev. Inguk Seo
Director, BC Blessing Department