The Words of the Saver Family
If suicide figures, death by alcohol and substance abuse and other indicators of self harm are any guide, it appears that alarming numbers of people are seriously unhappy. The numbers are even greater if you consider those people who don't go to such extremes as taking their own life or attempting to do so, but rather, persevere in living, in the words of Thoreau, "lives of quiet desperation".
Is this an inevitable phenomena, particularly in the more developed countries as a result of the stresses of modern living or is it a result of immaturity resulting in bad life choices?
Which ever view you take, don't you just envy those seemingly rare individuals who have a job or are involved in business where what they do happens to be their hobby/what they really love to do and on top of that they make a ton of money?
For me, as a teacher in various forms, I have lived most of my life as described above but without all the money. So I have at least lived half of the dream.
Now if you are a person that wants their cake and you want to eat it as well, in other words, you want it all, take a few moments to answer the following 21 questions.
These questions are designed for you to tap into the wellspring of your heart and discover what you are most passionate about.
By doing so, you can get to love what you do every single day of your life becoming mind, body and time rich and quit waiting for the week end to come around or that next vacation. How good would that be? The time to live is now. In fact, there are only two times in life: NOW and TOO LATE
The starting point is to know clearly where your passion lies.
You may be a person that already is clear about your passion. If so well done. You are a major step ahead of most people.
However if you are not completely clear about what you are most passionate about, I suggest you take 30 minutes to an hour out of your life right now and answer the following questions as honestly as you possibly can.
1. What do you enjoy doing the most?
2. What is your hobby/ies?
3. In those moments when you completely lose track of time, what are you doing?
4. In those moments when you feel most alive, what are you doing?
5. What do you like better, routine or variety?
6. Do you prefer being part of a team or doing things on your own?
7. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
9. Which do you prefer more: cooperating or competing?
10. If you had all the time and money that you desired, what would you be doing with your life?
11. What kind of people are you attracted to?
12. Imagine yourself in a public setting like an airport. What would people be talking about that would cause you to irresistibly want to get involved in the conversation?
13. What are your quirks or idiosyncrasies (what makes you different from others)?
14. What are your gifts/talents?
15. When you are in a library or book store, what kind of books do you naturally walk toward?
16. What were your dreams when you were young?
17. Imagine you went 20 years into the future. What would you like to see? How could you contribute to that?
18. What would you be doing if no one was watching and you didn't get paid to do it?
19. Who were you going to be when you grew up?
20. Being, doing or having: which one is the MOST important to you?
21. If you were God and you had unlimited power what would you do?
If so please "share" this with your friends on Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg and "tweet" your followers on Twitter
To Your Success In Living Your Passion
M.Div., B.Ed., Cert IV Life Coaching